Skip to main content

TO MY STRONGEST PILLARS -MY PARENTS

ON MY BIRTHDAY


My birthday has arrived. Finally I am 19, the last of my teens. It is really astounding as well as onerous to accept the fact that I am not a kid anymore. I can already feel the hard hitting pressure of studies, responsibilities, career, etc. But apart from this tense part I am very excited. Obviously it is going to be a day full of fun, food, friends, presents, party, etc. In short a time to celebrate.
But! When I sit back and think about all this I somewhere feel like something is not right. Is this what birthdays are all about? Then is it I realise that out of anyone in this world (including me) it is my parents who deserve a party, a treat, a celebration- Firstly for bringing me to the world, Secondly for taking care of me and nourishing me like a princess and thirdly for bearing me for these nineteen years of their and the whole of my life. Obviously where would have I been without them. What would have I done if it weren’t for them.
Everything they’ve done for me. Beginning from the name everyone knows me by, then identity they’ve given me, the name that I inherited from my dad that I intend to carry on for the rest of my life. Buying me all things I ever asked for. Bearing with all my daytime tantrums and midnight fusses. All those sleepless nights they had when I was sick, all those tears they shed when I was in agony. Those public humiliations they underwent when I would scream and screech in middle of a crowded market, stamping my foot to buy me things I never required. Providing me with proper education. Cooking me everything I asked for that too anytime. Quietly bearing all my yelling and arguments without asking for apologies, all the worries and heartbreaks I caused. And many more things they did (there exists a very long list).
So, ON MY BIRTHDAY, a many many happy returns of the day Mummy-Daddy. You deserve all these birthday wishes, prayers and blessings more than I do. I have no idea how to thank you. I don’t have enough words to describe how special you are to me, how much more I love you than what I show you. Here it is a shoutout to the best people in my life, my pillar and my rock. You are those precious gems that I’ll treasure as long as I live.
YOU SAY THIS WAS THE DAY I HAPPENED TO YOU BUT I SAY THIS WAS THE DAY YOU HAPPENED TO ME.
-Dilsha Thankachan



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHARARAT: THODA JAADU, THODI NAZAAKAT

SHARARAT: THODA JAADU, THODI NAZAAKAT Shring Bring Sarvaling ,BhootBhavishyaVartamaanBadling! One can’t resist being driven away by the sense of nostalgia while being stumbled upon this mantra!  It was unarguably the era of entertainment .While a decade has passed on, Shararat, the fantasy sitcom spanning over 5 installments, definitely gives away every 90s’ kid a chance to brag about those good old days. Shararat revolves around the world of fairies and magic. What added to the delight in the mind of its viewers was the subtle comedy and the perfect comic timing. The Malhotra family involving a mischievous ‘nani’ with her impeccable magic chants, a docile mummy who has settled down with the menial jobs she has to perform as a typical housewife , and a naïve and vulnerable Jiya ,whose life has become miserable since the day she is wielded with magic powers, certainly Shararat was a visual treat. But the story had not been far  more convincing without the starry line of su

SON PARI

Son pari Mumkin ko namumkin kar de Namumkin ko mumkin Son pari sab hal karti hain Sabki mushkil sab din. Whenever I used to hear this song I used to rush towards my television, because this was my favourite show - "SON PARI" Son Pari was basically a fantasy- adventure TV series. It is based on the story of a little girl name Fruity, who receives a magical gem that, when rubbed, summons a fairy named Son Pari and her friend Altu. Son Pari and Altu start meeting Fruity regularly and have many adventures. They help her get rid of Ruby, a woman who wants to marry Fruity's father, Rohit, for his money. Son Pari is also entitled to save Fruity from Kali Pari ( the main villain). Everyone wishes to have a fairy godmother like Son Pari at some point in their lives. A Pari ( angle) who can solve their problems with a spin of her wand. And this TV show was so famous and loved by everyone  because it used to take us to that fantasy world of angels and magic. This s

INDIAN MAKEUP TRENDS OVER THE YEARS

From Saira Banu in Padosan, Sridevi in Chandini, Karishma Kapoor in Dil Toh Pagal Hai to our all time favourite Poo in Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gum and Mili in Khoobsurat, the fashion and makeup trends have been all fancy and crazy yet so aesthetic and elegant and these leading ladies are surely 'Goals'.  One of the most significant shifts that  have been observed over the years in the beauty industry is the ultimate evolution of make-up trends varying from vibrant and vivid looks to nude face concepts. Makeup can not be talked about separately when it comes to beauty and fashion,it is an expressive(and perceived to be expensive by men) art, which has evolved immensely over the past century and has vividly been an integral part of our culture. But what have been the major stages of this evolution? Let us take a dive in the past and follow up to the time of the millennials.  THE ERA OF SIMPLICITY(1910) -There was hardly any makeup and plain sarees with little or no detailin